Our solutions eliminate employee confusion and frustration by providing technology designed and engineered to be highly intuitive. As a result, your enterprise will run smoothly and more efficiently than ever before.
Through a unique combination of problem-solving software and problem-resolving support, TAG helps you strengthen your core business functions so that you can become a more competitive force in your marketplace.
Time and Attendance
Our client, a precision machining steel working company, provides its customers with a full service solution in the design, estimating, fabricating, and installation of complex projects.
The previous vendor chosen to by our client to manage its employees Time and Attendance functions did not offer integrated solutions. When TAG was brought onboard to help, every one of this machining company’s departments was still maintaining employee hours in multiple, inefficient ways.
TAG’s specialist team manages and simplifies complex Time and Attendance processes. We began by working with the client’s management to identify the core nature of their business and determine the best course of action. TAG then provided a transparent and fluid software solution specific to this precision machining company’s needs.
TAG’s software solution:
- Captures and integrates all Time and Attendance information one unified way – so that it’s quickly and accurately organized
- Requires just a single button action for all payroll data to be ready for processing
- Smartly and efficiently organizes information making it easy to manage
- Allows foremen to use geo-located Android tablets to clock in-the-field team members in and out – and verify each punch immediately
- TAG’s facial and fingerprint biometric time clock records and posts shop workers’ attendance directly into the system
- Helps field workers use a combination of web-based clock and mobile devices to record time and the types of jobs being worked on
TAG also interfaces with the company to import General Ledger information from our payroll system into their existing accounting system.
An important builder in the South West, this client focuses on creating living accommodations for deserving, underprivileged families.
The company has complex payroll issues and job costing requirements. These stem from government contracts with HUD – and that they source most of their work to subcontractors located in several states.
TAG demonstrated to the client that there are five areas of a business that must talk to each other seamlessly in order to efficiently process payroll. These are:
General Ledger Integration.
Unfortunately, prior to our involvement, only one-fifth of this client’s processing system was meeting their needs – the payroll – and they had no easy way to gather data, job costing, reporting, or to facilitate general ledger integration.
TAG delivered a powerful user-friendly software solution designed to ensure that each of these important areas operates in conjunction with all the others. Today, this home builder is extremely efficient and cost-effective in their:
- Data GatheringThe staff enters enriched data directly into the software system – streamlining and simplifying a complex operation, dealing with more than 200 subcontractors in three states.
- Job CostingWith rich data at their fingertips, the company can now access job information at the end of every pay period, as well as hour and overtime numbers each day, for all jobs in progress.
- ReportingCritical reports are generated, allowing the client to see important information often necessary for regulatory compliance.
- General Ledger IntegrationBefore TAG’s software solution was introduced, the company CFO’s staff typed all General Ledger information into QuickBooks. This is no longer necessary. Now employees can quickly access and view the downloaded file.
This client provides millwright services, steel fabrication and erection, crane and rigging. The company is engaged in projects throughout Arizona as well as in Colorado, California, and New Mexico.
With more than 80 employees filling out paper time cards, Job Costing was a time-consuming and often frustrating exercise for company management. The company needed a combined Job Costing and Integration function.
After meeting with the company to understand and assess their specific Job Costing needs, TAG provided positive insight and expertise. We showed the client that our solution would answer the three most important questions in Job Costing:
- How do you analyze your costs?
- How do you know which departments are working effectively?
- How do you identify trends in Payroll?
TAG’s productive and cost-effective software solution more than meets our client’s needs in:
- ReportingOur client’s managers can now see in real time what each job is costing, based on the number of regular and overtime hours that have been allocated.
- Job CostingAll jobs and tasks are logged by the managers in the field and instantly fed into Payroll. As a result, task-based Job Costing is now seamless and easy.
- Workers’ Comp CostingEach task performed in the field is tied to a separate, specific Workers’ Compensation code – not to a single generic code. So the milling company can now bill out codes that accurately apply to the specific job, saving them thousands of dollars each year.
- IntegrationAll processed data is now passed back to our client so that they in turn can bill customers efficiently, in a timely manner.
Time and Attendance
Our client installs and services alarm systems at businesses across the US.
As the result of a Department of Labor audit, the company concluded that their time sheet solution was inappropriate – especially given the complexity of the organization’s Time and Attendance needs.
In order to comply with federal regulations regarding travel time, the company decided it should keep accurate records of ‘in between’ travel.
TAG’s thorough analysis of the company’s practices showed that past time sheets could not accurately show when employees were between jobs – and when in fact they were actually working.
We provided software that is scalable, adaptable, and easy to use. By tracking travel time with our web-based mobile and texting solution, the company now adheres to sound record-keeping Time and Attendance practices.
Headquartered in Arizona, this client provides industry leading service and unparalleled quality in the construction, remodeling and service of swimming pools, spas, and water features.
The company has a complex system of accounting that attempts to determine which workers are active in each area of the job. They had no way of capturing this information into QuickBooks. Other options they tried did not allow them to import information efficiently, directly into their platform.
TAG’s General Ledger Integration accesses the client’s chart of accounts, and our software solution maps each activity in Payroll to their General Ledger. The right information always goes to the right place, quickly and accurately. This Integration facilitates highly detailed accounting without the need for manual entry. Today, the company runs more efficiently and productively, because it has tools that allow in-depth analysis of General Ledger and Job Summaries.
Paid Time Off
This family-owned and operated Business Procurement Consulting Company serves medical and professional clients in the Southwest.
The client was facing the same problem as countless thousands of small businesses throughout North America – how to keep track of the comings and goings of employees, so that they could accurately and cost-effectively manage timekeeping.
TAG has simplified the entire process by providing software entry of Paid Time Off codes. This allows the client to capture day-to-day activities such as in-early, out-late, varying lunch schedules, and other activities. Employees now easily and quickly make entries into the system, the company timekeeping calendar is always current, and anomalies can be spotted, tracked, and verified.
This large builder focuses on creating living accommodations for deserving, underprivileged families in the South West.
The company had distributed numerous charge cards for use by their managers in the field – for charges on items that could include everything from supplies and gas, to client entertainment. Tracking and reconciling multiple receipts turned in at different times was time-consuming and inefficient for the client’s bookkeeping department.
TAG’s web-based software solution better facilitates expense reporting – allowing receipts to be submitted at the time of purchase via the desktop, a smartphone, or tablet. With TAG’s software solution, expenses are approved and allocated to the specific jobs and pay codes, and speedily exported to the General Ledger. As a result, the company’s cash flow is much more efficient and the cost of each job, with expenses included, can be determined accurately.
The client is a full service land company specializing in seismic permit acquisition, project management, and GIS services for the oil and gas industry.
Many companies have to satisfy regulators that they hold safety meetings onsite regularly and often. Employees are required to sign off, the paperwork filed with the authorities, and copies sent to the home office. This company is mandated to hold safety meeting every single day in the field, and with more than 35 teams working remotely, at least 175 reports are filed each week. What’s more, employees cannot clock out until they have approved all safety meetings for the day.
TAG’s powerful software solution automates the process of categorizing and entering the safety meeting information into an Excel spreadsheet. The meeting details are entered directly in real time into TAG’s system – from employees in the field – via remote devices, such as laptops, smartphones, or tablets. No paperwork is required, so safety meeting postings are quick, accurate, and easy to process. Additionally, the client now uses captured information to better forecast employee working and training times.