Last Updated : 6/11/21
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about our privacy policies or practices, please contact us at:
Mailing address: 20815 North Cave Creek Road, Phoenix, AZ 85254
What information we collect and how
In connection with your employer’s use of TAG, we collect and store specific information about you. This information is used on its own or in combination with other data to identify you individually.
- Information you input into our application – TAG’s system collects personal information entered by you and/or your employer when hired, when you or your employer provides information while using Viper, when either you or your employer updates your account information, adds new services, provides identity verification information, contacts TAG, or communicates with TAG. This information may include, but is not limited to your name, address, phone number, bank account information, social security number and email.
- Insurance information – Your employer could use TAG to manage their benefits information, in which case TAG is provided information from you or your employer about your dependents in order to properly provide you this service. Health insurance information may include details about your insurance plan, claims you submit for coverage and your insurance carrier. TAG’s insurance information comes directly from you when you enroll or submit claim information, or provide benefit related information to TAG, your employer, your insurance carrier or a third-party administrator.
- Information from Third-Party Administrator – TAG collects information about you from government agencies and bank vendors. This information is used to verify your identity and correctly pay you on time.
- Automatically Collected Information – TAG collects specific information about your web browser, ISP, IP address and other identifying marks in order to properly secure our site.
- Geolocation(‘location’) Data – Depending on your employer’s preferences, TAG collects geolocation (‘location’) data when you clock in or out of our application. Some employer’s also require that TAG collects real time gps (‘location’) data when you are clocked into the TAG app. All location data is utilzied by your employer to verify that you are at the correct location for work, TAG will never sell or use GPS (‘location’) data for any other purpose.
- Biometric Data – If you use one of our physical biometric time clocks, you will be required to enroll with your fingerprint or with a face scan. This data stays on the clock and is used for identification purposes only.
How we use your information
- Providing, updating and maintaining TAG’s service and business
- Processing payments
- Research and development in order to understand TAG’s users better
- Communicating information to your employer
- Providing customer support
- Complying with applicable law, legal process and regulations
- To prevent, identify and address fraudulent or other illegal activities and security issues
- For solicitation of feedback, to respond to your employer’s comments or inquiries, to provide customer service and support, or to contact you in connection with TAG
- To inform you of products and/or services you may not be using
Sharing and Disclosure of your Information
TAG will only share your information with the third parties listed below for the purposes described above in the ‘How we use your information” Section:
- Government agencies and taxing authorities, as required by law, including but not limited to the Internal Revenue Service and state and local tax agencies;
- Group health plans, insurance carriers and other third parties, such as doctors, hospitals and pharmacies, as needed to carry out benefit services (which may include but not be limited to facilitating benefits plan enrollments, health care operations and insurance payments);
- Banking and financial institutions;
- Certain parties as necessary to respond in good faith to legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas and court orders);
- Legal and financial advisors and auditors;
- Third-party agents, partners and service providers, who (i) are only permitted to use your information as TAG allows (which may include contacting you on our behalf), and (ii) are required under law or contract to keep your personal information confidential;
- TAG may share your information with certain other third parties with whom you expressly authorize us to share your information.
- TAG does not share information with third parties specifically for direct marketing purposes.
- If TAG discloses any Protected Health Information (as that term is defined in 45 C.F.R. Part 160) to third parties, TAG will do so in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as amended (“HIPAA”), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, as amended (“HITECH”), and any other applicable state and federal privacy and security laws, as they may be amended from time to time.
Where we store your personal data
How your Location Data is Used
Location Data that TAG collects from you is used by your employer to verify accuracy for time and attendance. TAG only collects and reports on data when you are actively clocked into the application. All location data is encrypted by default and can only be accessed in the scope of a time and attendance record.
Where we store your personal data
TAG’s services are maintained in the United States of America. Personal Data that you provide to us may be stored, processed and accessed by TAG, our staff, sub-contractors and third parties whom we share Personal Data in the USA or elsewhere. TAG may also store Personal Data in locations outside of TAG’s direct control, for instance on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers.
How we Protect your Personal Data
TAG uses industry-standard physical, managerial and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. TAG limits access to your information to those employees and other staff who have a business need to have such access. All such people are subject to a contractual duty of confidentially. TAG cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of the information you transmit to TAG or guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by a breach of any of TAG’s physical, managerial or technical safeguards.
We have put procedures in place to respond to any actual or suspected Personal Data breach. In the event that personal information is compromised as a result of such a breach, TAG will promptly notify those that have been compromised by posting a notice on our site, and/or through email.
Our policy towards Children
TAG’s service is not directed toward children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. However, if a child under the age of 13 is a dependent on a benefit’s plan covered by our service, or is otherwise employed by a company using TAG’s services, we may collect information about the child from the child’s parent or legal guardian, or from insurance carriers and third-party administrators in order to provide benefits.
How long we store your Personal Data
Unless you specifically ask us to remove it based on your rights described above, TAG will retain your information as long as your account is active, as long as your employer requests information to be held, as long as needed to comply with regulatory and audit requirements, or as long as reasonably needed for purposes set out above.
TAG’s system will only retain your Data for as long as reasonably needed or is required by law such as for regulatory purposes. Your employer may request a longer retention period in order to comply with federal, state and local regulatory laws.
Rights Related to Your Data
- Request access to your Personal Data – You may ask for human readable versions of your information such as payroll records, time records and time off requests.
- Request correction of Personal Information – You may ask us to correct information that may be incomplete or inaccurate.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data – You may request that specific maintained data be deleted so long as it is not needed for legal and/or business requirements.
- Object to processing of your personal data – You have the right to object to our processing of your information for marketing purposes. Because of the nature of our application, a user’s relationship with their employer precludes the right to decline other aspects of processing.
- Withdraw of consent – If you withdraw your consent, we will not be able to provide you functionality of TAG’s services, which therefore could mean that you are not paid by your employer. We can advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
How to exercise your rights
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us by email or phone using the information provided in the ‘How to Contact Us’ section.
Typically, you can retrieve and update information by yourself via TAG and do not have to pay a fee. We may charge a reasonable fee, however, if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. We may also refuse to comply with your request based on circumstances.
When requesting personal information from TAG, you’ll be asked details regarding your information in order to confirm your identity and your right to access the data. Our security measures are here to ensure that none of your personal data is disclosed to unauthorized 3rd parties.
Requests will be responded to within 30 days. Sometimes requests for information can take longer, in which case we will notify you of the delay.